Date:   Wed, 13 Dec 2017 10:46:02 -0800
From:   Daniel Walker <danielwa@...co.com>
To:     Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@...il.com>,
Subject: Re: net: phy: consolidate PHY reset in phy_init_hw()

Hi,

https://sjc-apl-grt32.cisco.com:8081/gitweb?p=xe-linux/kernel.git;a=commit;h=87aa9f9c61ad56d505641681812e92ad976f8608

I've got a machine with an Marvell 88EE1112 , and it seems this patch
causes a problem. When the reset happens under this code this phy always
returns -ETIMEDOUT from inside phy_poll_reset() .. It would seem this
phy doesn't fit whatever standard this code is expecting. I tried to
increase the wait time, but it doesn't seems to change anything.

Any thoughts?

Daniel