Date:   Mon, 18 Dec 2017 22:01:23 -0800
From:   Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@...radead.org>
To:     LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Cc:     "netdev@...r.kernel.org" <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
        Johannes Berg <johannes@...solutions.net>
Subject: net/wireless/certs/*.x509 binary files

This is just an FYI/acknowledgment that net/wireless/certs/*.x509
binary file(s) practically kills use of Linux kernel tarballs.

Of course, someone can always enable EXPERT and CFG80211_CERTIFICATION_ONUS
and disable the REGDB kconfig symbols to get around this.
Oh, and then chmod +x tools/objtool/sync-check.sh (unrelated problem).

Then you are good to go. :)

Background:
I was getting build errors on net/wireless/shipped-certs.o and the
build log didn't help me at all. It just said something like,
Error: build failed on net/wireless/shipped-certs.o.
Even building with V=1 didn't help.
So I finally discovered the reason and worked around it.

--
~Randy

PS:  Yes, I know about git.