Date:   Fri, 5 Jan 2018 15:32:50 +0100
From:   Antony Antony <antony@...nome.org>
To:     Lorenzo Colitti <lorenzo@...gle.com>
Cc:     netdev@...r.kernel.org, steffen.klassert@...unet.com,
        subashab@...eaurora.org, nharold@...gle.com, davem@...emloft.net
Subject: Re: [ipsec-next,0/7] : Support multiple VTIs with the same src+dst
 pair

Hi Lorenzo,
I agree vti is very limiting! I am glad to hear about xfrmi.

I saw two tunnels between gateways send traffic using VTI. So I am curious
what is different in your case. Or are you dealing with something else?

Here are a couple of outputs from libreswan testing

this is the verbose output.
https://swantest.libreswan.fi/results/blackswan/2018-01-05-swantest-3.22-596-g6bac0de35-master/netkey-vti-09/OUTPUT/west.console.verbose.txt

[root@...t netkey-vti-09]# ip xfrm state
src 192.1.2.23 dst 192.1.2.45
	proto esp spi 0x0eb97a56 reqid 16393 mode tunnel
	replay-window 32 flag af-unspec
	aead rfc4106(gcm(aes))
0xcf25becdc6c196ff04b9e893d2caa387ed63bc96cf66ab7c1e5c74d32b9eeb801f06fbf3
128
src 192.1.2.45 dst 192.1.2.23
	proto esp spi 0x507929e8 reqid 16393 mode tunnel
	replay-window 32 flag af-unspec
	aead rfc4106(gcm(aes))
0x8b5f8143cb6f361e57b0096bc1a444a65e244f97ba76e8779b968bcae54b78cea7c17d38
128
src 192.1.2.23 dst 192.1.2.45
	proto esp spi 0x73eab5cf reqid 16389 mode tunnel
	replay-window 32 flag af-unspec
	aead rfc4106(gcm(aes))
0xb00cc4d0da414cba35c9a41e176fdafb92af0a7912d633c1c3f4623bee2d090173e3fca3
128
src 192.1.2.45 dst 192.1.2.23
	proto esp spi 0x52581beb reqid 16389 mode tunnel
	replay-window 32 flag af-unspec
	aead rfc4106(gcm(aes))
0x01b906499806ec2436ffe125f54ce297c3a3a14bb19fcbf51f16888c6927a20cd0dc5e67
128

a santized output
https://swantest.libreswan.fi/results/blackswan/2018-01-05-swantest-3.22-596-g6bac0de35-master/netkey-vti-09/OUTPUT/west.console.txt

Also from an older test: