Date:   Tue, 09 Jan 2018 19:05:51 -0600
From:   ebiederm@...ssion.com (Eric W. Biederman)
To:     Richard Guy Briggs <rgb@...hat.com>
Cc:     cgroups@...r.kernel.org,
        Linux Containers <containers@...ts.linux-foundation.org>,
        Linux API <linux-api@...r.kernel.org>,
        Linux Audit <linux-audit@...hat.com>,
        Linux FS Devel <linux-fsdevel@...r.kernel.org>,
        Linux Kernel <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        Linux Network Development <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
        Simo Sorce <simo@...hat.com>,
        Carlos O'Donell <carlos@...hat.com>,
        Aristeu Rozanski <arozansk@...hat.com>,
        David Howells <dhowells@...hat.com>,
        Eric Paris <eparis@...isplace.org>,
        Daniel Walsh <dwalsh@...hat.com>, jlayton@...hat.com,
        Andy Lutomirski <luto@...nel.org>, mszeredi@...hat.com,
        Paul Moore <pmoore@...hat.com>,
        "Serge E. Hallyn" <serge@...lyn.com>,
        Steve Grubb <sgrubb@...hat.com>, trondmy@...marydata.com,
        Al Viro <viro@...iv.linux.org.uk>, Madz Car <madzcar@...il.com>
Subject: Re: RFC(V3): Audit Kernel Container IDs

Please let's have a description of the problem you are trying to solve.

A proposed solution without talking about the problem space is useless.
Any proposed solution could potentially work.

I know to these exist.  There is motivation for your work.
What is the motivation?
What problem are you trying to solve?

In particular what information are you trying to get into logs that you
can not get into the logs today?

I am going to try to give this the attention it deserves but right now I
am having to deal with half thought out patches for information leaks
from speculative code paths, so I won't be able to give this much
attention for a little bit.

Eric