Date:   Wed, 21 Mar 2018 09:41:13 -0700
From:   Rao Shoaib <rao.shoaib@...cle.com>
To:     netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
        David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>,
        Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@...il.com>
Subject: Few questions about submitting patches

I am new to Linux. I would like to understand the rules and etiquettes
of engaging with the community. I have read the materials that I could
find. As I work with Linux I come across situations for which I can not
seem to find any answers. Hopefully folks on the list can answer them.

* Submitting an RFC Patch

As I understand, an RFC patch is submitted to solicit comments and is
not for inclusion. Is it sufficient for an RFC patch to have the correct
coding style and compile, or does it need more? For example, If the
patch consists of a series of patches, does each patch have to compile
independently etc etc.

* #ifdef FOO

In a regular patch consisting of a series of patches, can the above
#ifdef be used in a patch before the patch that allows the selection of
FOO. That patch is part of the series but comes later.

Regards,

Shoaib