Date:   Sun, 25 Mar 2018 00:11:47 +0300
From:   Ran Shalit <ranshalit@...il.com>
To:     Andrew Lunn <andrew@...n.ch>
Cc:     netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: switchdev and dsa

On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 11:51 PM, Andrew Lunn <andrew@...n.ch> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 11:35:38PM +0300, Ran Shalit wrote:

>> > Hi Ranran
>> >
>> > Yes, that is the idea.
>> >

>> I see that in marvell's switch, for example with managed cpu, all
>> ports are disabled.
>> Where in dsa driver the are the ports enabled ? I can't see it in
>> drivers. I use 88E6176.
>
> You need to explain in more detail what you mean by a port being
> enabled?

I see in DS that bits 0-1 in port control register (offset 0x4) are
responsible for port enabled/disabled in switch.
But now I think I understand how it works.
I do see that  mv88e6123_61_65_setup() , do set these bits 0-1 to '1'
 (00- disabled, 11- forwarding)

Yet, I would like to ask one more question about it.
I use older kernel (2.6), because these is the Linux from provider chip (TI).
I did not find any example how to configure marvell switch  in board
file, but only in device tree. (we use 88E6176, but any other switch
example would help).
Is there an example maybe for this which someone can provide ?

Thanks again,
ranran