Date:   Tue, 8 May 2018 21:55:37 +0200
From:   Stefan Schmidt <stefan@....samsung.com>
To:     David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>, s.schmidt@...sung.com
Cc:     linux-wpan@...r.kernel.org, alex.aring@...il.com,
        netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: pull-request: ieee802154 2018-05-08

Hello.

On 05/08/2018 04:18 PM, David Miller wrote:
> From: Stefan Schmidt <s.schmidt@...sung.com>
> Date: Tue,  8 May 2018 10:29:27 +0200
>
>> An update from ieee802154 for your *net* tree.
>>
>> Two fixes for the mcr20a driver, which was being added in the 4.17 merge window,
>> by Gustavo and myself.
>> The atusb driver got a change to GFP_KERNEL where no GFP_ATOMIC is needed by
>> Jia-Ju.
>>
>> The last and most important fix is from Alex to get IPv6 reassembly working
>> again for the ieee802154 6lowpan adaptation. This got broken in 4.16 so please
>> queue this one also up for the 4.16 stable tree.
> Pulled, thanks.

Thanks.

> Please submit the -stable fix directly, you can feel free to CC: me.

Will do when the patch hits Linus git tree.

I have a quick question on the process here. From the netdev-faq document
I was under the impression all stable patches under net/ and drivers/net
should be brought up to you and would be handled by you.

Does this apply to the core part of net (I fully understand that ieee802154
is rather a niche) or is there some other reason for this exception?

Both processes (the normal stable one as well as the slightly different one
for net/) would be fine to go with for me. Just need to know which one I
should use for future stable patches. :-)

regards
Stefan Schmidt