Date:   Sun, 24 Nov 2019 17:50:11 -0500
From:   Colin Kuebler <kueblc@...il.com>
To:     netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Potential bug in ss resulting in segfault

Greetings,

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to report this, if so
please kindly direct me to the proper place. I found this address via
the github mirror of iproute2 at
https://github.com/shemminger/iproute2/issues/10.

I may have come across a bug in `ss` while writing web server start up
script that tries to check for port availability. It might also be that
I am simply misunderstanding/misusing the tool.

I'm using the following and receiving a segfault when there is nothing
on the specified address.

`sudo ss -Hlnp -A tcp src 0.0.0.0:80`

`ss --version` gives `ss utility, iproute2-ss180129`

`uname -a` `Linux kueblc-development 4.15.0-51-generic #55-Ubuntu SMP
Wed May 15 14:27:21 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux`

I'd also be open to suggestions about better ways to accomplish what I'm
trying to do, but the primary objective of this communication is to
report the segfault to the maintainer(s).

Thanks in advance,
// kueblc