Date:   Thu, 30 Jan 2020 10:18:56 -0800
From:   Angus Ainslie <angus@...ea.ca>
To:     Amitkumar Karwar <amitkarwar@...il.com>,
        Siva Rebbagondla <siva8118@...il.com>
Cc:     Kalle Valo <kvalo@...eaurora.org>,
        linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Redpine RS9116 M.2 module with NetworkManager

Hi,

I'm trying the get a Redpine RS9116 module working with networkmanager.
I've tried this on 5.3, 5.5 and next-20200128. I'm using the Redpine 1.5
"rs9116_wlan_bt_classic.rps" firmware.

If I configure the interface using iw, wpa_supplicant and dhclient all
works as expected.

If I try to configure the interface using nmtui most of the time no APs
show up to associate to. "iw dev wlan0 list" shows all of the APs in the
vicinity.

If I do manage to get an AP to show when I try to "Activate a
connection" I get the error below

Could not activate connection:
Activation failed: No reason given

I suspect this is a driver bug rather than a NM bug as I saw similar
issues with an earlier Redpine proprietary driver that was fixed by
updating that driver. What rsi_dbg zone will help debug this ?

Thanks
Angus