Date:   Thu, 11 Feb 2021 17:07:20 +0100
From:   Jiri Olsa <jolsa@...hat.com>
To:     Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@...il.com>
Cc:     Andrii Nakryiko <andrii.nakryiko@...il.com>,
        Nathan Chancellor <nathan@...nel.org>,
        Alexei Starovoitov <ast@...nel.org>,
        Daniel Borkmann <daniel@...earbox.net>,
        Andrii Nakryiko <andrii@...nel.org>,
        Martin KaFai Lau <kafai@...com>,
        Song Liu <songliubraving@...com>, Yonghong Song <yhs@...com>,
        John Fastabend <john.fastabend@...il.com>,
        KP Singh <kpsingh@...nel.org>,
        Nick Desaulniers <ndesaulniers@...gle.com>,
        Networking <netdev@...r.kernel.org>, bpf <bpf@...r.kernel.org>,
        clang-built-linux <clang-built-linux@...glegroups.com>,
        Veronika Kabatova <vkabatov@...hat.com>,
        Jiri Olsa <jolsa@...nel.org>
Subject: Re: FAILED unresolved symbol vfs_truncate on arm64 with LLVM

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 04:43:48PM +0100, Sedat Dilek wrote:

SNIP

> > > filled with elf functions start/end values, right?

> > heya,
> > with your approach I ended up with change below, it gives me same
> > results as with the previous change
> >
> > I think I'll separate the kmod bool address computation later on,
> > but I did not want to confuse this change for now
> >

> I have applied your diff on top of pahole-v1.20 with Yonghong Son's
> "btf_encoder: sanitize non-regular int base type" applied.
> This is on x86-64 with LLVM-12, so I am not directly affected.
> If it is out of interest I can offer vmlinux (or .*btf* files) w/ and
> w/o your diff.

if you could run your tests/workloads and check the new change does not
break your stuff, that'd be great

we need soem testsuite ;-) I have some stupid test script which runs over
few vmlinux binaries and check the diff in BTF data.. problem is that these
vmlinux binaries are ~300M each, so it's not great for sharing

also I was checking if we could use BPF_BTF_LOAD syscall and load BTF in
kernel and back at the end of pahole processing to check it's valid ;-)

thanks,
jirka