Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 19:25:29 +0000
From: Marsh Ray <maray@...rosoft.com>
To: "discussions@...sword-hashing.net" <discussions@...sword-hashing.net>
Subject: RE: [PHC] further limitation: not writing secret to memory

I expect both OSes have ways of allocating non-paged memory. But bad things^TM will happen if you use too much of it.

These PHC algorithms will need to be tunable to consume lots of memory. Even worse, once the credentials have been stored its parameters will no longer be tunable.

+1 on encrypting the address bus, although doing this in such a way that doesn't put the defender at a disadvantage presents a challenge.

- Marsh