Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 09:55:28 +0100
From: Jean-Philippe Aumasson <jeanphilippe.aumasson@...il.com>
To: discussions@...sword-hashing.net
Subject: Re: [PHC] Proposed timeline changes

I suggest to

1) Move the submission deadline from January 31 to March 31 (with unchanged
requirements)

2) Agree on a new tentative timeline before March 31 (which may be further
revised depending on the quantity and quality of submissions)

Any objection?
On Jan 5, 2014 9:41 AM, "Jean-Philippe Aumasson" <
jeanphilippe.aumasson@...il.com> wrote:

> We may be flexible if that is likely to benefit the project.
>
> However we won't accept submissions after the initial deadline. And round
> 2 is about shortlisting a few submissions rather than receiving new ones.
> The game has to have rules :)
>
> What do other panel members think?
>   On 1/4/2014 11:04 PM, Peter Maxwell wrote:
>
> I think you'll be onto plums, Jean-Philippe Aumasson specifically said at
> the end of November that the deadline wouldn't be changed
>

> That was _so_ last November. Why do you have to bring up the past? :P
>

>   Personally, I think the deadline is fine as it is: it's been advertised
> for a year.
>

> A year is not a very long time. Some people (not me, of course) only found
> out about the competition a few months ago. Some people will not find out
> about it until Monday. Maybe a year is not long enough. But maybe it is.
>
> I personally would like to see it extended just because I haven't found
> any time at all to work on my submission since October, and I'm really
> sweating the deadline. Nov - Feb are extremely hectic for me, as I imagine
> they are for many of you as well. I am strongly in favor of the revised
> timeline.

Content of type "text/html" skipped