Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 19:31:05 -0500
From: Bill Cox <waywardgeek@...il.com>
To: discussions@...sword-hashing.net
Subject: Re: [PHC] Re: Security concern for Catena

Thanks?  I am too paranoid, which is probably why I'm drawn to this stuff.
 Still, I suspect that there's an equivalent of a "No fly" list for geeks.
 I think I prefer the old-school way the NSA did it.  For example, one of
my best friend's mother was doing cutting edge research in Number Theory in
the 60's, and she was told two things: first, that the government would
have to approve all of her papers in the field in the future, and second,
she can't tell anyone about this restriction.  So, she switched fields.
 Maybe we're better off now days.

Anyway, I find it very interesting that the email list is working, but the
mail archive is down:

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.security.phc

This is similar to what happened on the TrueCrypt forum.  The whole site
went down for the weekend, and on Monday I could access the thread through
my bookmark, but it was gone otherwise.  There is no way for Google to
crawl it.  I'm sure the archive will be back up Monday.  It always is...
except when it isn't.

Bill

Content of type "text/html" skipped