Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 00:19:41 +0100
From: Jean-Philippe Aumasson <jeanphilippe.aumasson@...il.com>
To: discussions@...sword-hashing.net
Subject: Re: [PHC] Can I have two entries?

Regarding SAMS (Single-Author Multiple-Submissions), I agree with
Thomas' analysis.

We will accept all submissions that match the requirements, so in
theory one could submit 42 different functions. We'll just hate you
for that ;-)

On tweaks: submitters will be allowed to discuss/propose/announce
tweaks whenever they want, however it is planned that tweaks will only
be frozen and officially part of the submission after the finalists'
selection (as noted on https://password-hashing.net/timeline.html).

Fixes to bugs/typos/inconsistencies will of course be accepted
anytime. But I don't expect those to be major reworks of the
submission. In this kind of competition, too many design iterations
tends to be counterproductive.