Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 11:14:11 -0400
From: Justin Cappos <jcappos@....edu>
To: discussions <discussions@...sword-hashing.net>
Subject: Re: [PHC] Any other authores ready for benchmarking? (was [PHC] Lyra2
 initial review)

Is better performance strictly better?   Is this meant to quantify
algorithm quality in some way or just to figure out which algorithms are in
the same equivalence class for performance?

Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question.   I'm definitely an outsider in this
community.

I'd say it probably doesn't make a lot of sense to benchmark PolyPassHash.
  Really the hashing algorithm used (and its performance) isn't the main
focus of the scheme.   It can be replaced with whatever algorithm one
prefers.   While it does not significantly change the performance of the
algorithm it uses, the focus of PolyPassHash is on increasing password
cracking time...

Thanks,
Justin

Content of type "text/html" skipped