Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 13:03:46 -0400
From: Peregrine <peregrinebf@...il.com>
To: discussions@...sword-hashing.net
Subject: Re: [PHC] Hashing password while typing

Also remember that password hashing functions are tuneable, and that page
hash in the background, while sending the user all the resources which are
shared between the success and failure pages, and then dynamically load the
success/failure page as needed. Also, for most things a huge security
margin isn't needed, adding a tenth of a second to a login is barely
noticeable but still provides significant security benefit.

-- Carl 'SAI' Mitchell

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 10:54 AM, Bill Cox <waywardgeek@...il.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 10:43 AM, Thomas Pornin <pornin@...et.org> wrote:
>
>> Thus, I don't exactly understand what you are trying to say here.
>>

>>         --Thomas Pornin
>>

> Well, I did call it a "dumb" idea :-)  I get inflicted with them a lot.  I
> agree... it doesn't seem like there's much to be gained with such an
> approach.  I was hoping someone might see a way to get around the
> precomputed prefix problem.  I haven't found one.
>
> Bill

Content of type "text/html" skipped