Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 11:32:42 -0400
From: Bill Cox <waywardgeek@...il.com>
To: discussions@...sword-hashing.net
Subject: [OT] GeekCrypt: a Secure Fork of TrueCrypt

Sorry about being off-topic again.  The most awesome crypto geeks I've
interacted with have been on this list, so I would like to reach out to
them for help forking TrueCrypt.

I've just about lost all hope that the guys running truecrypt.ch are
competent to run a TrueCrypt fork.  They seem much more interested in
raising money than securing the code, and they suggested adding an
auto-update feature in their vision document, in addition to using funds
raised from users to encourage continual feature enhancements.  The talk is
about getting users to pay "lunch" once a year rather than securing
passwords.

Therefore, I'm sending out a call for big geeks to join me in what I'm
calling for now GeekCrypt.  It will be a TrueCrypt fork run by crypto
geeks, and secured by geeks:

http://geekcrypt.net

Bil

Content of type "text/html" skipped