Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 18:10:28 -0300
From: Marcos Simplicio <mjunior@...c.usp.br>
To: discussions@...sword-hashing.net
Subject: Re: [PHC] Tradeoff cryptanalysis of password hashing schemes

Hi, all.

Very interesting analysis! We noticed the same attack venue described in
slide 47 for Lyra2 some time ago, so we provided and evaluated a simple
fix in the version provided in our website (http://lyra-kdf.net/, see
section 5.1.2.3 of the specification). I'm not sure how the tradeoffs
table is affected by this fix, but the costs are likely to grow (at
least that was my impression by crossing your results with our
preliminary analysis).

BTW, the document in our website is being continuously updated as new
tests are performed, so we expect to introduce this and possibly other
tweaks in the corresponding phase of the PHC. We are still evaluating
the "possible extensions" mentioned in the original submission, for example.

BR,

Marcos.