Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 14:39:07 -0700
From: Tony Arcieri <bascule@...il.com>
To: "discussions@...sword-hashing.net" <discussions@...sword-hashing.net>
Subject: Worst of PHC

Hi there, I'm a PHC judge. I think I may have inadvertently altered the
whole course of password hashing discussion from "Just use bcrypt" to
"Whoa, there are more options" via an inflammatory blog post. ;)

That said, J-P's rules for judges stipulate picking my favorite 5 winners
and 5 losers. I have really loved Bill Cox's analysis on things that are
clear winners and think I have OK opinions on that, but I am completely at
a loss to pick clear losers.

I'm not sure if this really fits the rules, but I'd love to hear people's
thoughts on the worst of the PHC. Apologies to J-P if asking for this sort
of thing is rude.

--
Tony Arcieri

Content of type "text/html" skipped