Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 15:58:53 -0300
From: Marcos Simplicio <mjunior@...c.usp.br>
To: discussions@...sword-hashing.net
Subject: Re: [PHC] A review per day - Lyra2

Thanks for the suggestion! That is actually quite similar to what we
were thinking (but had not tested the underlying properties): we would
be basically replacing the message input itself in Blake2's original G
function by the result of a multiplication (without the "2*"). We will
certainly keep your variant in mind!

And do not worry: we are thinking about giving it a different name just
to be sure there is no confusion (as fans of Street Fighter, we are
using "Blanka" as codename for "Blake with multiplies" so far :) ).

BR,

Marcos.