Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 22:24:07 +0100
From: Jean-Philippe Aumasson <jeanphilippe.aumasson@...il.com>
To: discussions@...sword-hashing.net
Subject: Re: [PHC] PHC status report

Succinct response (not much time to elaborate):

* You will find "secretive selection" and non-public discussions of
the committee panel in all crypto competitions: AES, NESSIE, eSTREAM,
SHA-3, CAESAR, and PHC.

* A non-negligible difference of PHC compared to other projects: we're
all unpaid volunteers, working on this project on our free time, where
NIST had a dedicated team for AES and SHA-3, a budget to organize
workshops, etc.

* We wished we had time and resources to prepare a lengthy and
detailed report, but that wasn't the case. We felt that it was better
to publish such a summary than nothing at all.