Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 19:12:43 +0000
From: Marsh Ray <maray@...rosoft.com>
To: "' (discussions@...sword-hashing.net)'" <discussions@...sword-hashing.net>
Subject: PHC output specifics

I posted this to the panel list, but we’d like to move the discussion here.

At the same time I’d like to clarify: Where I listed three specific knobs, I was not so much trying to specify the behavior of the function and just give examples. Different functions will have different knobs as appropriate, but it’s important that we think in terms of physical units of the defender’s hardware.

-          Marsh