Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 19:34:27 +0000
From: Jean-Philippe Aumasson <jeanphilippe.aumasson@...il.com>
To: discussions@...sword-hashing.net
Subject: Re: [PHC] Specification of a modular crypt format

A deterministic encoding of values indeed reduces the risk of parser bugs.
It's also easier for us to specify. Otherwise, we'd have to decide what
should (not) be tolerated, for example 00001, 1.000, 01.0, etc.

Concerning the parameters' order, we know how to design reliable parsers
for such simple inputs. I don't see how it would hurt.

Content of type "text/html" skipped