Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 10:06:26 +0200
From: Dmitry Khovratovich <khovratovich@...il.com>
To: "discussions@...sword-hashing.net" <discussions@...sword-hashing.net>
Subject: Argon2 code in C

Dear all,

we have finished porting the Argon2 code to C99 (
https://github.com/khovratovich/Argon2/tree/master/Source/C99 ) , so
everyone who wants to play with it in the C-only environment is welcome.
The multithreading is implemented with pthreads, but performance is not
quite satisfactory (slower than the C++11 code). We'll try also with OpenMP
and report how it goes. The folder structure has been changed as well to
accomodate future implementations. The C99 implementation also comes in the
reference and optimized version (make OPT=TRUE), though the difference is
not significant (multithreading is implemented in the code shared by them).

Testing against test vectors has been automatized, you can now run "make
check-tv" from either C99 or C++11 folders.

We plan to allow up to 2^32 threads and separate them from lanes in the
next update, hopefully this week.

--
Best regards,
Dmitry, Daniel