lists  /  announce  owl-users  owl-dev  john-users  john-dev  passwdqc-users  yescrypt  popa3d-users  /  oss-security  kernel-hardening  musl  sabotage  tlsify  passwords  /  crypt-dev  xvendor  /  Bugtraq  Full-Disclosure  linux-kernel  linux-netdev  linux-ext4  PHC
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 09:00:26 -0700
From: Bill Cox <>
To: "" <>
Subject: Re: [PHC] Can we add back Argon2id?

If I could change Argon2 to only offer Argon2i and Argon2id, I would.  The
complexity is the same as offering only Argon2i and Argon2d, but Argon2id
provides better defense than Argon2d.  I do not understand the rationale
for promoting Argon2d instead of Argon2id.

Content of type "text/html" skipped