lists  /  announce  owl-users  owl-dev  john-users  john-dev  passwdqc-users  yescrypt  popa3d-users  /  oss-security  kernel-hardening  musl  sabotage  tlsify  passwords  /  crypt-dev  xvendor  /  Bugtraq  Full-Disclosure  linux-kernel  linux-netdev  linux-ext4  PHC
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 16:44:49 -0400
From: Erik Aronesty <>
Subject: Re: [PHC] Fwd: memory-hard password hashing

My personal favorite, because I like the lorenz attractor, and it's been
shown to be secure.   Not sure how optimal it is for GPU, but it's all
floating-point arithmetic.   Possible to do it faster with an ASIC?  Maybe.

Fast PRNG, not sure how secure it is:

This library analyzes and optimizes a number of well-known PRNG's for GPUs,
haven't read it too closely.

Fourier transforms, should be fairly secure, needs more analysis:

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 4:04 PM, Solar Designer <> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 03:53:53PM -0400, Erik Aronesty wrote:
> > There are several fast double-precision CPRNG's designed for high speed
> > operation that would be hard to beat with any ASIC.
> What are they?
> (Not arguing with you here, just want to learn.)
> Alexander

Content of type "text/html" skipped