Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 22:06:46 -0800
From: The Dark Tangent <dtangent@...con.org>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: DEF CON Announcement: CFP, Media now on line!

Hello everyone,

I would like to make several DEF CON related announcements.

The Call For Papers for speaking at DEF CON ELEVEN (or XI, 0x0B, 1.1,
11)  is now on-line and in effect. Continuing last year, we will continue
to pay speakers. We are also continuing to improve speaker quality. It is
no longer enough to have green hair and an attitude.
Check it out at: http://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-11/defcon-11-cfp.html

The speeches from DEF CON 0a are now on-line with the DEF CON media server.
90% of the talks are encoded with Real Helix and should be at a better
resolution than past media. The missing talks are being hunted down now and
re-encoded. Only video is currently available, with the audio only encoding
to follow. Listen to 60+ talks spanning privacy, wireless, hacking, network
defense and more!
DEF CON 0a Media:
http://www.defcon.org/html/links/defcon-media-archives.html#DEF CON 10

Solicitation for papers, stories, and art: Contrary to rumors on IRC, DEF
CON is not starting a publication. What we are doing is expanding the show
program to be more of than just a show guide since last year's program with
the added articles was such a huge hit. As such we are looking for serious
technical articles, relating to the underground scene, privacy, computer
security, humor, stories, and art.
Go to http://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-11/defcon-11-program.html

Thank you,
The Dark Tangent