Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:17:30 +1000
From: "J.'LoneWolf' Mattsson" <lonewolf@...thmagic.org>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: RE: Windows Server 2003 Security Guide available

<snip>
 >For each file listed above there is a "full-file sha1 hash" which can be
 >verified using any full-file sha1 hashing utility. Microsoft does not
 >provide any such utility

I'd normally not post this type of shameless plug to a mailinglist, but as
I think it's actually on topic this once, here goes:

Since I work with a mixed Windows/Unix environment I frequently do md5 (and
sometimes sha1) full file checks of backups and what not. Finding the lack
of built-in support for this in Windows annoying, I built a shell extension
that is capable of calculating crc16, crc32, md5 and sha1 checksums, from
the file properties sheet.

I have a version available on the web at
http://www.earthmagic.org/?software if you want to have a play with it...

Regards,
/Johny
            Johny Mattsson                  / \__/\
        lonewolf@...thmagic.org           /'     , :
       http://www.earthmagic.org         ;   ( o   o
    irc.sorcery.net:9000 as LoneWolf     /   ,   ~. \
   System Designer / Support Engineer   / (  `- ..__"