Date: 12 May 2003 09:57:58 -0000
From: subj <r2subj3ct@...lan.org>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: [Drug and Zip] Buffer Overflow

====================================
- > Product: Drag and Zip
- > Version: 3.0
- > Offsite: http://www.canyonsw.com
- > Authors: Canyon Software
- > Problem: Buffer Overflow
====================================

** General Description **
The vulnerability found by me in this product, does not represent the big
danger but to describe and declare it(her) all the same I has found
necessary. Overflow of the buffer, occurs because of very big name of a
file which we try to pack. If it is long a file exceeds 255 symbols, the
window with the message on overflow drops out. As well as it is necessary
to expect, the program falls, in result and not having packed a file.

** Exploit **
Zip Filename:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

or

Zip filename:
256 Symbols of any dust

** Solution **
What decision erasing this problem independently, without intervention of
authors of the program, me it was found not.

** Note **
At overflow values eax and edx so in given by a case introduction of an
any code can be possible vary.

** Contacts **
r2subj3ct@...lan.org
subj@...swd.cc
www,dwcgr0up.com | www.dwcgr0up.com/subj/
irc.irochka.net *dwc *phreack *global *dhg

** Greeting **
J0k3r, D4rkGr3y, DethSpirit, r4ShRaY, Kabuto, fnq, agenox, L0vCh1Y,
DiZHarM, cybeast, Foster, Moby, ORB, MORPFEY, drG4njubas
3APA3A, DHG, Gipshack, BlackTigerz, rsteam, p0is0n, Security.nno.ru
HNCrew. And all who i know...