Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 14:32:30 -0400
From: "Guy Barnum" <GuyBarnum@...scole.com>
To: <BUGTRAQ@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: Microsoft security update broken?

-----Original Message-----
From: Thor Larholm [mailto:thor@...x.com]
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 6:15 PM
To: Guy Barnum; BugTraq
Subject: RE: Microsoft security update broken?
Windows 98 no longer receive any security updates, so the behavior of
using WindowsUpdate under Windows 98 is undefined at best.
-----End Of Original Message-----

I've received a lot of replies about how windows 98 is no longer supported because of the EOL cycle, however I've also received replies from Microsoft people monitoring the bugtraq forum that security updates *are* supported.

Also, the replies I have received indicate this same problem with a security update either not installing or getting detected occurs on any windows platform related to any one of the recent security updates.

I have an email sent in to Microsoft and I'll update the list here when I get a response.

Guy