Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:52:25 -0700
From: <latte@...hmail.com>
To: alienhard@...l.ru, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: RE: base64

What about this section:

" Because it is used only for padding at the end of the data, the
occurrence of any '=' characters may be taken as evidence that the
end of the data has been reached (without truncation in transit).  No
such assurance is possible, however, when the number of octets
transmitted was a multiple of three. "

From: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1521.txt?number=1521

Seems to suggest that it should be treated as the end of
input.