Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 21:44:09 +0100 (MEZ)
From: Marc Schoenefeld <schonef@...-muenster.de>
To: Alla Bezroutchko <alla@...nit.be>
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: [LSD] Security vulnerability in SUN's Java Virtual Machine
 implementation

Hi Alla,

Sun also applied the classloading fix to java.net.URLClassLoader, according
to my jardiffer tool, which automatically finds the location of
those fixes.

I am waiting for the detailed paper of LSD, because loading the class
is only a first tiny step to get real control, although if you load enough
classes you have at least a Denial-of-Service. But I am sure they
will have a good exploit in their sleeve.

IMHO there already enough dangerous classes deployed in the rt.jar
of the JDK. q.e.d. with the floppy hardware attack on IE&
(http://www.illegalaccess.org/exploits/java/applet/MyFloppySucks.html)

Marc

P.S.: on Opera 7.21 , Java 1.4.2_02 enabled your
 applet just displays a gray box .....

--

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the
ark; professionals built the Titanic. -- Anonymous

Marc Schönefeld Dipl. Wirtsch.-Inf. / Software Developer