Date: 31 Oct 2003 23:06:03 -0000
From: K-OTiK Security <Special-Alerts@...tik.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Mimail.C (Denial of Service Attack)

it seems that this worm attempts to launch a Denial of Service Attack by sending a large amount of data to known servers (port 80 / ICMP). The worm verifies that a connection is active by contacting google.com, then the DoS is launched against "darkprofits" domains (marketing operation ?)

Due to an increased rate of submissions Symantec Security Response has upgraded W32.Mimail.C@mm to a Category 3 threat from a Category 2 threat.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.mimail.c@mm.html
http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=100795

Regards.