Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:21:04 +0000
From: Pentest Security Advisories <alerts@...test.co.uk>
To: Jordan Wiens <jwiens@...sp.nerdc.ufl.edu>
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com, full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com
Subject: Re: Re: Serious flaws in bluetooth security lead
 to disclosure of personal data

Jordan Wiens wrote:

> <SNIP>
>
>>The ultimate fix is for manufacturers to provide a greater separation of
>>services, an attitude that seems to have been taken with the Ericsson T610.
>

> I'm a bit confused; if I read it right, the first report specifically
> mentioned this as a vulnerable device, now it's listed as one that got it
> right?  Did I misread?

No, you didn't misread - The T610, whilst still vulnerable to some
attacks, does provide more protection
of OBEX profiles. In this respect, it's better than the other phones /
devices we've tested.

On the particular T610 that was tested, we found that whilst it was
possible to upload files to the phone we could not download files from it.