Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 03:40:52 -0500
From: "Kevin Milne" <kevin.milne@...il.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Speedtouch 510 DOS

Speedtouch 510 ADSL Modem/FW/Router

We have been attempting to run NMAP and NESSUS scans using a new ADSL cable link.  Using the ADSL modem mentioned above, we found that a standard NMAP/NESSUS scan of an IP range would force the router to reboot itself after 20 seconds.   Thinking this was faulty hardware we replaced it with another brand new Speedtouch...to find the same problem occurred.   Having talked to Thomson, they simply dismissed it as faulty hardware....but twice?

Anyone else found this problem, or can they confirm?