Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:37:45 -0600
From: "Daniel Whelan" <daniel.whelan@...kapoocheese.com>
To: <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: RE: Paper announcement: Is finding security holes a good idea?

I am in a sinking ship.  The water flows in at a constant rate and does
not diminish.  I begin bailing.

After a little while, I notice that my efforts have had no 'measurable
effect'; the level of water in my ship has not gone down, so I decide to
focus my attention on trimming the sails or 'other' work . . .

Granted, the analogy is not perfect, but it holds some truth.