Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 21:58:15 +0100
From: Andrey Kolishak <andr@...dy.ru>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re[2]: http://www.smashguard.org

TdR> By the way, I am pleased to say that my research has shown that the
TdR> AMD PAE NX bit will work in 32 bit mode.  We are trying to make
TdR> modifications that will permit OpenBSD to use it.

you are pleased? your research ?!

you should be aware of fact that feature implemented by Microsoft for
XP which is in beta yet but announced for several months already.

"The 32-bit version of Windows currently leverages the NX processor
feature, as defined by the AMD64 Architecture  Programmer's Manual.
This processor feature requires the  processor run in Physical Address Extension (PAE) mode."

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwxp/html/securityinxpsp2.asp

Best regards,
 Andrey