Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:54:37 -0800
From: RJ Auburn <rj@...eo.com>
To: Gadi Evron <ge@...tistical.reprehensible.net>
Cc: <full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com>, <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>,
   Zak Dechovich <ZakGroups@...ureol.com>
Subject: Re: ASN.1 telephony critical infrastructure warning - VOIP

I would say that this is somewhat misleading. First of all not all VoIP
services use ASN.1 encoding for the protocol. While H.323 does SIP does
not.

Additionally I suspect that not many of the carrier deployment of H.323
are using the MS ASN.1 libs as most of them are unix based (many of
them will be running SPARC/Solaris).

Now that being said if companies are allowing VoIP to the desktop for
services like netmeeting there could be problems.

	RJ

---
RJ Auburn
CTO, Voxeo Corporation