Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:12:56 -0500
From: "Charles J. Wertz" <wertzcj@...fnet.net>
To: nick@...us-l.demon.co.uk, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com,
   NTBUGTRAQ@...TSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM, full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com
Subject: Re: MS Security Response is a bunch of half-witted morons

MS is not alone. More and more web sites don't work without scripting
and/or cookies. I guess cookies are a lesser evil. I'm constantly faced
with the decision whether or not a particular content means enough to me
that I'll turn on the script. In fact, I now run two browsers, Mozilla with
scripting and Firebird without, because I found I'd sometimes forget to
turn the scripting back off. I wonder if anything can be done. It would
probably take an organized movement that could convince businesses they
were going to lose a lot of sales. I don't know what would convince MS. A
LOT of bad press might do it, but the again, it might not. Too many people
probably don't even understand the risk.