Date: 25 Mar 2004 12:31:09 -0000
From: JeiAr <security@...ftech.org>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Phpbb 2.0.7a And Earlier Secuity Issues

Hi,

 Unfortunately the phpBB team underestimated/misunderstood the damage these issues could cause to a phpBB installation, so there is no official fix as of yet. however I hear they are working on an officialy released fix as we speak :)

Until then I am sharing the fixes I have implemented on the GulfTech forums. They have been tested for a few days now and seem to work fine. The issues addressed are the ACP SQL Injection, The Post Deletion Problems, and The Forced Logout problem. The issues not addressed are the admin command execution, and the ACP session auth problems.

My advice to anyone regarding those unfixed issues is to just ONLY use your admin phpBB account to make admin changes, and then log out. Don't view posts, pm's or the like with your admin account until an official fix is released or until you make a fix yourself ;)

Here are the links to the fixes and the original advisory.

http://www.gulftech.org/vuln/phpBBadminFix.rar
http://www.gulftech.org/vuln/phpBBpostDeletion.rar
http://www.gulftech.org/vuln/phpBBlogoutFix.rar

http://www.gulftech.org/03202004.php