Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 16:44:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: phaser-X <px@...oday.net>
To: Alun Jones <alun@...is.com>
Cc: aborg@....org.mt, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: RE: After Ms patches last Wed ...

I couldn't do anything on the system.  If I hit CTRL+ALT+DEL to get into
the task manager, it literally took about 20 minutes.  Everything was very
unresponsive.  I ended up having to use the "repair" feature off the win2k
CD.  It replaced a few files and then the system was fine until I went
back and re-updated, then the PC crashed after about 15 minutes and upon
reboot the system was 100% again.  I repeated the "repair" option to get
everything back to normal again.  And yes, it was the "system" process
that was 99-100%, not the system idle process.

-pX