Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 11:09:14 -0700
From: "Jodrell Dimaculangan" <jodrell@...li.com>
To: "Tony Abell" <TonAbe@...tool.com>, <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: RE:  New Worm??? - High level of activity on port 445

This maybe a clue,

There was a new variant of the AGOBOT worm that we "uncovered".
In Safe Mode run regedt32
goto\HKLM\software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and RunServices
Look for any Symantec entries (it will look official but since we do not
use Symantec NAV, it brought up red flags).  Delete.

In CLI, go to Winnt\System32
Search for a navpaw32.exe or a navpxaw32.exe
Remove all permission to prevent this file from being run

Restart PC.  On your firewall check for port scanning.  This worm will
attempt to propagate.

Hope this helps.

BTW...Trend Micro release a new pattern because of us.

Jodrell P. Dimaculangan
Manager - Technical Support Group
People's Choice
Home Loan, Inc.
Helpdesk: 949-341-2035
Phone:    949-341-2009
Fax:        949-341-5440
< <mailto:helpdesk@...li.com>>
< <mailto:Jodrell@...li.com>>

CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE
This e-mail is intended only for the addressee named above and the
As Internet communications are not secure we do not accept legal
responsibility for the contents of this message nor responsibility for
any change made to this message after the original sender sent it. We
advise you to carry out your own virus check before opening any
attachment, as we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a
result of any software viruses. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify us immediately by replying to this email or by
calling our technical support department 949-341-2035.