Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 23:50:58 -0500
From: "spiffomatic 64" <spiffomatic64@...mail.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com, full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com
Subject: WebCT: Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability

Vendor : WEBCT
Version : WebCT Campus Edition
Risk : Cross site scripting

educational institutions.

	WebCT's vision is to deliver innovative e-learning solutions to help
institutions improve educational outcomes for students around the world.

WebCT is a trusted industry leader in providing e-learning systems for
educational institutions. Thousands of institutions in more than 70
countries worldwide are expanding the boundaries of teaching and learning
with WebCT.

Cross site scripting: The filtering script for the discussion board doesnt
filter iframe, img, or object. All of which can take advantage of xss and
because of the way my schoo was setup this lead to full access to their
email, and account information.

Solution: The easiest way would be to just disallow iframe,img,and object
tags or html tags at all.

Credits: Credits goto http://hackthissite.org. It provided a nice, open,
legal environment for me to try new things and learn from those who know. A
place where you are not reprimanded even if u deface a page or two. A place
where I started with no knowledge and in less than a year found new
vulnerabilities of my own. Thank you http://hackthissite.org. Lab rats: The
Nick's, Shrinidhi, Charbel and most importantly to Halley, you give me the
strength and courage to do all that I do, without you I am nothing. Thank
you sweetheart.

Exploit: This is exploited using iframe,img, or object tags to redirect you
to a maliscious site.

Spiffomatic64
Hacking is an art-form

--Look out for the winking man...