Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 11:38:24 -0700
From: "Drew Copley" <dcopley@...e.com>
To: "Thor Larholm" <thor@...x.com>,
	"Greg Kujawa" <greg.kujawa@...mondcellar.com>,
	<bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: RE: Still Vulnerable in MSIE

<snip>

> which uses the Object Data vulnerability to change your startpage to
>
> http://default-homepage-network.com/start.cgi?hkcu

Bastards, watching my work.

(reference)
http://www.eeye.com/html/Research/Advisories/AD20030820.html

<snip>

> Other files that are attempted to be delivered are
>
> http://www.addictivetechnologies.net/DM0/cab/emCraft1.cab
> http://www.addictivetechnologies.net/DM0/exe/emCraft1.exe
> http://validation-required.info/

Money shot there. "validation-required.info" is the same
site used by that phishing attack I just posted on.

http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/363350/2004-05-14/2004-05-20/1

[ ISP Organization Information ]
Org Name : Enterprise Networks
Service Name : ENTERPRISENET
Org Address : GNG IDC B/D, 343-1 Yhatap-dong, Pundang-gu, Seongnam
[ ISP IP Admin Contact Information ]
Name : Hyo-Sun, Chang
Phone : +82-2-2105-6082
Fax : +82-2-2105-6100
E-Mail : ip@...etworks.co.kr

The traceback on the email we received was to a BT British system,
likely hacked... and as I have noted the same source code was posted
on an Italian board in Italian with an Italian email address in
December.

(Not that the attacker was necessarily the same person or if he
was, that he is Italian. Further, often these things are not done
by lone individuals. Though they are simple enough to be done by
lone individuals. Only smart criminals work by themselves. And, criminal
tend to not be so smart until they retire.)