Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 09:26:05 +0200
From: Hostmaster <hostmaster@...emedien.net>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Netgear WG602 Accesspoint vulnerability

Hi,

Jaco Swart wrote:

> I can confirm that this vulnerability still exists in the latest firmware upgrade(1.7.14) for the WG602.  They've simply gone and changed the username to superman and password to 21241036.

yes - this is right (though it took me a while to find out how to get
this gzip compressed part out of the img).

Whats new in this image:
"[...] Fixed illegal user access the WEB configuration utility. [...]"

;-)

Would it be possible to change the firmware image by hand - e.g. usa a
hex editor and set this username / password to sth else?

regards,

Harald

--
Team NeueMedien.Net / Hostmaster