Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 06:02:12 -0400
From: "Brian Christmas" <bchristmas@...wardtechnology.net>
To: <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: RE: Multiple Antivirus Scanners DoS attack.

Hello,

Just tried this using PC-Cillin version 11.31 with def file of 1.905.00.

With default settings real-time scan did not detect a virus in the zip
file.  Doing a manual scan hosed the PC.  Tried to kill pc-cillin
process but was unable to.

Next I tested by maxing out the scan layer for both manual and real-time
settings.  Real-time detected the EICAR virus but was unable to
quarantine or delete the file.  As for the manual scan it again hosed my
PC where the only thing I could do was a hard reboot.

Will test this on Trend Micro's Client/Server/Messaging next.