Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:20:16 -0400
From: "fedhead" <fedhead@...ers.com>
To: "bugtraq" <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Cc: "Dave" <djm@...e.k12.ca.us>
Subject: RE: Unusual Activity in Ad-aware 6 Personal, Build 6.181

I have tracked it down and Dave, your assessment seems to be correct for my
situation. Ad-aware was scanning an old Palm Attachment folder I had in my
profile which stored the attachments of e-mails I had synced with my Palm,
including my Bugtraq e-mail which contained Jelmer's zip of this IE exploit.

It would appear that Ad-aware stores the file its scanning into the cache
folder only fop the time length it takes to scan that file, thus when it
read the zip file, Norton AV also scanned the file and found the trojan.

Sorry for all the confusion everyone and thanks for the feedback.

Matt