Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 12:24:25 -0400
From: Gene Cronk <gcronk@...g.net>
To: Polazzo Justin <Justin.Polazzo@...ilities.gatech.edu>
Cc: pressinfo@...bold.com, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Diebold Global Election Management System (GEMS) Backdoor
 Account    Allows Authenticated Users to Modify Votes

Polazzo Justin wrote:

> Can we get some source code to verify/disprove this? I notice there was
> no technical documentation/information from either side.
>
> Anyone else for coding Election Management Systems software under the
> Open Software License? :)
>
> Jp

Here's a start (no source code [of course], but it shows many other
Diebold security concerns):

http://www.blackboxvoting.org/

May I ask why Diebold's software is based on Microsoft Access?!

--
Gene Cronk - ISSAP,CISSP,NSA-IAM (gcronk@...g.net)
The Robin Shepherd Group -- Systems Administrator