Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 03:55:28 -0400
From: Adam Jacob Muller <adam@...linux.us>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Diebold Global Election Management System (GEMS) Backdoor Acc ount    Allows Authenticated Users to Modify Votes

This is very true...
At a recent family gathering I spent about an hour trying to explain to
various people why "open source" voting machines are more secure.
Everyone perceived "open" as being able to go in and change votes...
The fact that I was trying to explain the open source model for the
first time did not help...
I simply don't understand why a company doesn't do open source voting
machines... you could sell the hardware and the software.. and get the
open source community to write the software for you.... It seems like a
perfect arrangement.

Adam Jacob Muller

"They [conservatives] don't get it. We [liberals] love America just as
much as they do. But in a different way. You see, they love America the
way a four-year-old loves her mommy. Liberals love America like
grown-ups. To a four-year-old, everything Mommy does is wonderful and
anyone who criticizes Mommy is bad. Grown-up love means actually
understanding what you love, taking the good with the bad, and actually
helping your loved one grow."
- Al Franken, Lies and The Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and
Balanced Look at the Right